Friday, March 24, 2017

Bucky Barnes Fanart

Alright so I am a Marvel girl and yeah, I don't know everything (I've only been into Marvel for a year and I'm more into the MCU) but I know more than a fair amount of people. I always liked the Avengers and of course, I'd seen both Avengers movies multiple times before I got super into Marvel but the movie that got me into the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) was Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I was on one of the unbearably long flights back from India last year and decided I was going to watch CA:TWS (Captain America: The Winter Soldier.) I hadn't seen the other Captain America movie and as far as I was concerned, Cap was a goody-two-shoes-know-it-all.

That all changed. I watch a tv show called Once Upon a Time and in it, the Mad Hatter is played by an actor named Sebastian Stan. I already loved him because he was a really wonderful Mad Hatter in Once. I make a point of remembering actors/actresses' faces when I like them and Sebastian was a face that stuck in my mind.

Side note: I love Sebastian Stan, he's a fabulous human. 

Right, so I remember faces so when the Winter Soldier's mask came off, I recognized his face almost instantly. That's part of the reason Bucky/Winter is my favorite, I love Sebastian and I love his acting and the characters he plays. After that flight, I looked up the actor for the Mad Hatter in OUAT and the actor for the Winter Soldier in Captain America. Hey, look at that, it was the same person. 

After that, Wifeapple and I spent four weekends watching all of the Marvel movies (Spiderman excluded) since we were determined to watch them all before Captain America: Civil War came out. We succeeded and my love for the Winter Soldier grew. That was a year ago. I've seen CA:TFA (The First Avenger) three times, CA:TWS five times, and CA:CW three times. (I realize I have an obsession) 

However one of the coolest things about the Marvel fandom is the Fanart. I love seeing fanart, I have a piece of it as my profile picture. There are so many cool things that people can do with fanart and so much talent. So, here's a bunch of Bucky/Winter Soldier fanart :) 




So here's my awkward fangirl thing about Bucky :)
(If you've noticed, the quotes on the bottom of my blog are both from Bucky.) 

2 comments:

  1. Those fanarts are amazing and cool. I know nothing of Marvel, so it is interesting to take a peek into a fans world. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The third fanart is my favorite. I'm not that familiar with Marvel and I haven't watched Once, so I didn't know who he was. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

"Who the hell's Bucky?"


"My name is Bucky"