Monday, March 20, 2017

Rant About Henrik

Quick thing... as of the post from March 18th, many were confused because of the title. I decided to call the post "Bleeding Bunny." The name of the band is Jefferson Airplane, the album is the Surrealistic Pillow and the name of the song is White Rabbit. :)

Anyways, so as many of you know I love the band Amaranthe. It's cause they're amazing. But recently I've been having some issues with a friend of mine.

Wait back up... Amaranthe HAD (I cry) three vocalists. Jake, Elize, and Henrik. Jake is the male rock vocals, Elize is the female rock vocals, and Henrik (my queen) is the growler. Jake left Amaranthe very recently (this is why I cry) but Henrik and Elize are still in it.

Now, being a growler takes real talent. You have to learn how to growl without ruining your voice and how to make it sound good. I appreciate growlers a lot, I think they're amazing and honestly, I'd love to learn how to growl one day.

I like to think of myself as a fairly reasonable person, I mean I'm not going to push you to like what I like or enjoy the same music as I enjoy. But I do get kinda pissed when I am talking about something I love *COUGHHENRIKCOUGH* and somebody *COUGHBLLYCOUGH* who doesn't love Henrik at all and thinks he ruins all of Amaranthe's songs (that was so hard for me to write) starts just hating on all of Amaranthe's songs saying that they were ruined by "that awful noise."  Just because I love Henrik doesn't mean that you have to but I won't take anybody's crap because they don't like him. Henrik is my queen and honestly, I really love hearing him growl, I think it adds a really amazing depth to the songs that he's in. I get that not everyone enjoys growlers but I do and I could care less if you don't. Just don't go hating on the band or the songs just because you don't like one part of it. Especially when that band means something to the other person.



If you enjoy growlers as much as I do, take a look at this song. It's kinda Henrik being a growl god :)



2 comments:

  1. My queen! Either Henrik because he is the real queen or you for writing this. Growling takes a lot of talent. What's better to use your voice for, growling and producing awesome music, or complaining?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, Thea. He is impressive, and I understand where you are coming from when someone else is just complaining. (I know I am sometimes a hypocrite) Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete

"Who the hell's Bucky?"


"My name is Bucky"